[En-Nut-Discussion] IP Checksum calculation broken. Reenabled old algorithm for the meantime.

Ulrich Prinz ulrich.prinz at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 4 01:06:32 CEST 2012

Hi!

Am 18.06.2012 11:20, schrieb Bernard Fouché:
> Hello Ole,
>
> just a few words about a similar issue I ran into on a Cortex-M3 while
> coding for eCos (yes we use Ethernut but still with atmega at the
> moment...): arm-eabi-gcc often uses ldmia/stmia for copying multiple
> registers from/to addresses that are supposed to be correctly aligned
> (check the asm of the concerned code to see if these instructions are
> used). When the adresses are not aligned with ldm/stm, you don't get an

Using a recent gcc (4.5x or 4.6.x) should address the ldmia/stmia
problem, if I remember that correctly from the gcc lists.

In addition there was another bug in M3 that requires a command line
switch passed to gcc to get around. I added that switch in the m3n
branch as it was a problem that was addressed in the STM app-notes too.

Best regards
Ulrich