[En-Nut-Discussion] SVN r4206 broke DHCP with some DHCP servers

Ulrich Prinz ulrich.prinz at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 6 18:04:51 CEST 2012

Just a reminder:

There might be a chance that the UDP was set off to avoid system hangs.
Some long time ago I reported that the EIR hangs in DHCP if there are
multicasts coming in while the interface is not configured.

Just setup a DLNA system or use your Telekom mediareceiver via some
non-IGMPv2 switches and try to boot your EIR. It will fail with the
first incoming broadcast/multicast right before the DHCP handling.

After the DHCP handling had finished, even a broadcast storm cannot harm
anymore.

I did not test latest version of Nut/OS on EIR, but I just want to
remember that thing.

Ulrich