[En-Nut-Discussion] NutOS (trunk) causes freeze

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Jul 17 16:39:53 CEST 2012

    Ole> Hi Rob,
    >> Just reverted to timer.c revision 4254. No problems now. I can use
    >> your changes and test the application with the external interrupts.

Hallo,

I just updated SVN with the restriction to use DWT->CYCCNT only on the STM32
family for now. DWT symbols are now available in core-cm3.h with a recent
version of core-cm3.h

LPC people should check why the DWT counter doesn't count. DWT and DWT->
CYCCNT are optional features on CM3 chips, but for me the wording in
UM10470 (LPC178x/7x User manual)
- The Data Watchpoint and Trace (DWT) unit is included. The DWT allows data
  address or data value matches to be trace information or trigger other
  events. The  DWT includes 4 comparators and counters for certain internal
  events.
sounds like DWT and DWT->CYCCNT are available on LPC.

Usage of DWT->CYCCNT on CM3 must be decided on a family by family base. Is
there a way in the *.nut file to list the DWT hardware in the family
selection and add some define like
#define CM3_USE_DWT
in arch/cfg.h ?

Bye