[En-Nut-Discussion] Cortex ix_xxx_interuptY code duplication

Ulrich Prinz ulrich.prinz at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 27 15:24:52 CEST 2012

For the first one,

I messed up. What you discussed is the problem, that a single
interrupt could be rised by two different peripherals that even could
be of different device type. I.e. USART and CAN share same IRQ.
What I meant was that I could reuse the function itself for several
identical peripherals. I.e. I only wrote one irq_usart_tx( addr, ....)
and reuse it for
irq_15: irq_usart_tx( USART1_BASE)
irq_16: irq_usart_tx( USART2_BASE)
same with those init and ioctl() functions for every handler.

But as different peripherals must be merged and we do not want to mess
up the irq handler code files, a different approach is needed. And
there is the best idea to use the irq list so far.

I think we should concentrate on the other thread now.

Ulrich