[En-Nut-Discussion] Changelog for releases

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Sat Jul 28 00:15:05 CEST 2012

Hi All,

> > If you like I could take some time and try to go throuch all commits
> > since (e.g. 2009) and extract the major changes and improvements there
> > to have a starting point.
>
> That would be of great help. May be in a first step you could start at trunk r3490 and add them to trunk/NEWS.

I finally tried to extract a list of important changes and categorizes
them to "Added" "Changes" and "Fixed". I created a list of changes for
each Nut/OS release since Version 4.9.1 which was the last entry in the
old Changelog20090309 file.

You'll find it in "NEWS"

Each section describes the changes that where made for the Nut/OS
version named in the headline. So the last secion does not yet contain
a valid Nut/OS release number / release date.

This list is far from beeing a complete changelog, as there where that
much small (and in global context unimportant) changes that I could not
list everything. Especially typo fixes, compile fixes, etc. are not
listed. Also changes to the Nut/OS tools are listed only with a short
note as I focused to the OS sources.

Feel free to enhance the list.

I really would appreciate if developers would start to fill this list
whenevery they checkin important changes so we will have a complete list
of changes / releasenotes for the future Nut/OS releases.

Any comments, changes and improvements are wellcome.

Best regards,

Ole

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

http://www.embedded-it.de

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280