[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS 5.0 AT91 TWI RTC

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Jun 6 17:11:11 CEST 2012

Hi all,

While trying the trunk version of the RTC driver on Ethernut 5, I discovered that NutRegisterRtc() didn't return. As far as I can see, the call sequence is

PcfRtcInit()
PcfRtcGetStatus()
PcfRtcReadRegs()
TwMasterTransact(), which is NutTwiMasterTranceive()

The last routine hangs at

NutEventWait(&icb->tw_mm_mtx, tmo)

Before spending additional time on this issue, I just wanted to ask, if anyone else got any experience with the PCF8563 driver from the trunk, running on an AT91.

I can see, that a TWI interrupt occurs, but only for TWI_TXRDY. No further interrupts appear, specifically TWI_TXCOMP interrupt is missing, which would post icb->tw_mm_mtx. In general, the initialization seems to work.