[En-Nut-Discussion] IP Checksum calculation broken. Reenabled old algorithm for the meantime.

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Jun 18 16:41:20 CEST 2012

On 18.06.2012 14:28, Ole Reinhardt wrote:
> Would it really hurd to set the alignment to 4 for Cortex M?

To Ole: I'm the wrong person to ask.

Ulrich!? Are you there?

Ulrich introduced NUTMEM_ALIGNMENT of 4 in r3054, but later changed this to 1 in r3196. Unfortunately no further explanation is found in the log. May be he changed this by accident?

> Yes, as mentioned above cortex _can_ access unaligned variables, but for
> speed reasons and also the above mentioned reasons I'd like to set the
> alignment to 4 bytes there.

Unless Ulrich protests within the next 3 minutes, it's OK for me to go ahead. :-)