[En-Nut-Discussion] Changelog for releases

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Tue Jun 19 12:20:10 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I had a discussion concerning our changelogs with a customer who is
using Nut/OS in his product.

In fact currently we don't have a real changelog at all. Sure, there is
the SVN where we could extract informations about every single checkin,
but there is no real changelog or release notes that explain what has
changes since the last release in a more clear and abstract way.

What I would prefer is a kind of Changelog / Release notes in the
following manner:

- Fixed bug (#1234556):
  Short description of the bug fixed

- New device driver xyz added

- Cortex M3 port added

etc...

Therefor I's suggest revive the old Changelog file again and would like
to ask any developer to add a short but clear comment to this file every
time he did an important (set of) checkin(s).

And second I would like to ask Harald to perhaps add a release notes
file (== extract from the Changelog since the last release) to the
website.

That's just my opinion, any suggestions on this?

Bye,

Ole

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

http://www.embedded-it.de

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280