[En-Nut-Discussion] Warning of instable trunk

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Mar 12 16:27:11 CET 2012

Hi all,

Please note, that I've done two radical changes in the trunk (revisions
4027, 4028 and 4029):

- Network buffer allocation returns allocation address plus 2 to keep
the IP part 32-bit aligned. Now memcpy is much faster on 32-bit targets
and the TCP/IP throughput of large data chunks increased by the factor
of 3 on these CPUs, possibly more. I assume, that there is no impact on
8-bit targets.

- I implemented multisector writes for MMC/SD-Cards. I tried to keep it
compatible with legacy drivers, but haven't been able to test more targets.

So far, the changes had been tested with the Elektor Internet Radio
board only. I used FAT32 memory cards with 16k cluster size.

If you experience problems with the TCP stack or the PHAT file system,
please let me know.