[En-Nut-Discussion] SRAM errors on ETHERNUT 1.3H

Pascal Jean epsilonrt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 17:17:33 CEST 2012

Hello,
I want to use ETHERNUT1 without  NUT/OS.
I designed a unit test of the external SRAM memory similar to the program
BASEMON.
I write 0xFF throughout memory then I do a reading verification.
I see mistakes in the following address ranges:
0x1300-0x1316
0x1700-0x1716
0x1B00-0x1B16
0x1F00-0x1F16
0x2300-0x2316
For each address range, the false values ​​are identical (I use AVRDRAGON  with
JTAG to put a breakpoint and read the SRAM). Addresses suggest that the
problem is related to the address line A9-A10 and I wonder if this is
notan RTL8019's
mistake ?
So I think it's not a memory error. The NAND gate on the signal A15 is not
broken.
I see the same problem in the function of XMemTest BASEMON except that this
function does not report the problem to display! (static variables store the
last error but are not displayed!).
Would you ever encountered this problem or an idea of the origin of this
problem?

Thank you !
Best regards.
Pascal