[En-Nut-Discussion] EEPROM use

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue May 15 10:01:00 CEST 2012

Hi Ayman,

On 14.05.2012 22:12, Ayman Hendawy wrote:
>> It should work. Did you get any warnings from the compiler?
> Nothing related to the EEPROM.

Use KISS technology. Create the most simple example as a test case. Remove all unnecessary parts. Make sure there are no compiler warnings.

>> Nothing special is required in the Makefile.
> I don't have to make the compiler generate .eep file to burn it through the
> programmer to the Atmega eeprom.

You are calling OnChipNvMemSave() during runtime. There's no use for an .eep file int that case.

http://www.teslabs.com/openplayer/docs/docs/prognotes/EEPROM%20Tutorial.pdf

>> if you like, you can replace NutNvMemXXX by OnChipNvMemXXX. The former is
> just more portable, because not every CPU has an on-chip EEPROM.
>
> I already using  OnChipNvMemXXX , what do you mean

You quoted it wrongly. I've been referring to the NutWiki sample. You should have quoted

>> http://www.ethernut.de/nutwiki/Non-Volatile_Memory
>> If you like, you can replace NutNvMemXXX by OnChipNvMemXXX.

> I don't know what I have to do, it's very strange, any suggestions?

What's the result when you tried the Nutwiki sample?

Did you try KISS? Please provide a very simple and complete C source, so I can have a look to the fill picture.