[En-Nut-Discussion] Switching to GIT

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Tue May 22 19:35:53 CEST 2012

Hi Uwe,

    I'm sometimes forced to use git but I try to only do as little as
possible with it because it's always a royal pain for me to work with.
You can never do anything without at least 20 minutes of googling.
    I do see that it has a huge advantage over SVN when doing
branching/merging, specially merging. That's the interesting part
about DVCS, not the distributed part.
    I've always used SVN and CVS before that, but now I've just
started using Mercurial for a new project to experiment with it and I
found it much easier than Git.

    I'm not sure if we have a problem with SVN that we are trying to
solve, but if we do and we were to switch source control I would vote
for Mercurial over Git at this point.

Kind Regards,
   Thiago A. Correa