[En-Nut-Discussion] Problems using global variables and/or floating point numbers on Nut/Os (using ethernut 5)

Vegard Aaker vegardaa at stud.ntnu.no
Wed May 30 12:36:04 CEST 2012

Thanks,

I have managed to transfer and run a small example optimization on the
board, but scaling up the problem failed. The code managed to run, but the
optimization did not converge.

As I see it, there might be two problems. Numerical issues or the size of
the problem.

What prescision are used on the Ethernut? How many digits?

Is there a limit for the size of global variables?

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 8:03 PM, Harald Kipp <harald.kipp at egnite.de> wrote:

> Hi Vegard,
>
> As you told me in a private Email, you are really in a hurry.
>
> Luckily I found another quick solution: Use the following version of
> YAGARTO
>
> yagarto-bu-2.21_gcc-4.5.2-c-c++_nl-1.19.0_gdb-7.2_eabi_20101223.exe
>
> This version seems to be compatible with the Nut/OS floating point
> output. At least the uart sample worked.
>
> Remember to rebuild the Nut/OS libs and your app.
>
> Regards,
>
> Harald

Regards,
Vegard Aaker