[En-Nut-Discussion] Accept-Encoding, GZIP support

Daniel Fiedler (Ethernut) ethernut at fitus.de
Thu May 31 19:46:34 CEST 2012

Hi Michael,

i have found this post from you.

Hello List,

I have added GZIP support in the trunk.

That mean the server will not gzip the file which are

send. It means you can use gzip files instead.

E.g. the size of "egnite.swf" from the httpd example has

a size of 17677 bytes. After gzip the size is only 14386 bytes.

For the example gzip the egnite.swf and used this file

instead. But for the file name the original name must be used.

The new functionality can be enabled by setting the define

HTTPD_SUPPORT_GZIP to 1.

Best regards,

Michael

I have some problems trying the GZIP.

I compresses the jquery.min.js with 7zip to a GZIP archive jquery.min.js.gz
and defined HTTPD_SUPPORT_GZIP to 1.

What do you mean with this: But for the file name the original name must be
used.

I have linked jquery like this:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
src="jquery.min.js"></script>

The filename on UROM: Must it be jquery.min.js or jquery.min.js.gz for the
GZIP compresses jquery. Both does not worked on my tests.

Could you, or anyone else, please explain GZIP function to me?

If I got GZIP running, I would write an example.

Best regards

Daniel