No subject

Sat Nov 3 12:44:48 CET 2012

and latching that you want, so yes, it would replace everything that you
mentioned.

Some can can also have 5V tolerant inputs, and actually run at 3.3V
(internally & at the outputs), which means you have created an 'interface'
to the 3.3V world by default - although this creates the need for a 3.3V
voltage reg on board.

I haven't looked too deep into the software, but it seems at least some
vendors make their "basic" packages free, probably in an attempt to sell
more chips I would assume! And also in-system re-programmability would also
be possible, although I would be presuming that it would require the
dedicated use of at least 1 port pin (to enable the programming interface).
Also when reprogramming it, you have to remember it is the thing that should
be doing your address decoding... which means no ethernet chip, and no SRAM
outside the 4k in the ATmega will be available!

Alastair

-----Original Message-----
From: en-nut-discussion-admin at egnite.de
[mailto:en-nut-discussion-admin at egnite.de]On Behalf Of Austin Schutz
Sent: Friday, 25 October 2002 4:06 AM
To: en-nut-discussion at egnite.de
Subject: Re: [En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 2.0 Alpha Schematic

	As far as the cpld, well it sounds neat. Can it be built into the
existing system reprogrammable by the users? If so, it's probably possible
to tie the bank switching mechanism to a single address, and you can let the
user figure out for themselves where they want everything to live beyond
a reasonable default. Seems like you have better experience with those than
the rest of us (well at least the loud ones like me :-). Could you just
replace everything off the bus including even the existing address latch
and have the cpld handle it all? How complex can the cpld code be without
requiring a $$ chip? What software/hardware tool would users use to program
it?

	Austin