[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut on TI's Cortex-M3 (Stellaris LM3S...)

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Tue Nov 6 11:37:25 CET 2012

Hi Philipp and Harald,

> Just a few hints, unfortunately nothing specific:
>
> That _may_ be caused by a difference in the structure between Harvard
> and non-Harvard architectures. The former includes an additional member
> dev_write_P, which allows them to write data from program space.

Yes, i exactly had the same problem! That's why I suggested to use the
named structure member initialisation (which is not C89 conform) if you
remember.

> However, more likely this looks to me like a problem with alignment. I
> remember, that the Cortex branch initially contained

Right, but the alignment should not be 4, so I would not expect any
problems with unaligned structure elements, as long as the structure is
not defined with __attribute__ ((packed))

> would have been sufficient.
>
> I also remember, that Ole reported similar problems with LPC17xx, but I
> can't remember, how he solved that.

Right, as mentioned above I solved them by correcting the device struct
initialisation.

Bye,

Ole

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

http://www.embedded-it.de

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280