[En-Nut-Discussion] Stellaris Licences, was: Re: Ethernut on TI's ...

Ulrich Prinz ulrich.prinz at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 15 11:51:18 CET 2012

Hi!

Have you ever thought about contacting TI to get a written legal statement?
I did that with ST and it worked without any problem.

Initially TI only prohibited using their code in GPL projects as they
state GPL to be virulent. They'd like to prevent that their sources
are coming back as GPLed and force commercial customers to make their
projects open source.
Reading the older version of headers they state the same as other companies did:
Do what you want with this, but we do not cover any problems that
arise from using this code.

That they now prohibit BSD use is ridicules.

This is the second time that TI Stellaris is on the edge to be thrown
out again... Bravo TI you really do it well...

Ulrich