[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut on TI's Cortex-M3 (Stellaris LM3S...)

Philipp Burch phip at hb9etc.ch
Sat Oct 6 23:17:22 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a little I/O board featuring an LM3S9D90 and an FPGA.
Until some time ago I'd planned not to use an OS at all and implement a
simplistic cooperative multitasking framework on my own. Well, that was
before I've heard of the Ethernut project which looks very promising for
this project.

Anyway, I've fetched the latest sources from Subversion and built them.
I then noticed that there even already exists a dk-lm3s9b96 target of
which I've got a board for testing. What I (nor the compiler) could not
find however, is the specific include file for this processor. So my
question is now if there is already some work in progress for this
processor and it hasn't been committed yet (or I didn't find it...) or
if I need to do this from scratch. I suppose I'd need some assistance
for the latter option, as I've never done this before.

And another thing: Is it preferable to use the cm3-ecross-gcc from
Thermotemp or the one that ships with TI's stellarisware?

Thanks,
Philipp