[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut on TI's Cortex-M3 (Stellaris LM3S...)

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Mon Oct 8 12:08:11 CEST 2012

Hi Philipp,

> I'm working on a little I/O board featuring an LM3S9D90 and an FPGA.
> Until some time ago I'd planned not to use an OS at all and implement a

> So my
> question is now if there is already some work in progress for this
> processor and it hasn't been committed yet (or I didn't find it...) or
> if I need to do this from scratch.

Unfortunately there was not much effort spent yet to support the LM3s
series yet. So there is only a configuration file and a linker script
yet.

In general the kernel will start up on the LM3S, but only the kernel.
Any device driver have to be written from scratch.

I just though about doing this, but currently I could do this only as a
commercial project, as my spare time is limited.

> I suppose I'd need some assistance
> for the latter option, as I've never done this before.

I'd be happy to give you any assistance, wherever you need. I have two
LM3S boards here, so I can also help you with debugging.

> And another thing: Is it preferable to use the cm3-ecross-gcc from
> Thermotemp or the one that ships with TI's stellarisware?

Whatever you better like.

Best regards,

Ole Reinhardt

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

http://www.embedded-it.de

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280