[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut on TI's Cortex-M3 (Stellaris LM3S...)

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Oct 9 10:55:06 CEST 2012

    >>  Here are some advices from my side.  - Clone the svn repo to a
    >> locate "git svn" repo.

    Philipp> That's good advice. I usually use Mercurial, but Git works
    Philipp> quite similar, so this should be fine.

If there is a Mercurial <-> SVN workflow, stay with mercurial

    Philipp> What I plan to do now is to start over (using the recommended
    Philipp> local Git repo) and then just add support for the LM3S9B96 as a
    Philipp> start, so that we can test using the devkit. So I'd trash
    Philipp> StellarisWare and simply put the lm3s9b96.h into
    Philipp> nut/include/arch/cm3/lm3/vendor. The other prototypes would
    Philipp> then go into nut/include/arch/cm3/lm3/lm3s9b96.h and the code
    Philipp> into nut/arch/cm3/dev/lm3/whatever.c.

    Philipp> Is this ok for "the clean way"?

Experimenting with code form libopencm3 for stm32, I feel that even one more
level for directories would fit, like e.g.
- nut/arch/cm3/dev/stm32/vendor/stm
- nut/arch/cm3/dev/stm32/vendor/libopencm3

But implement as you feel comfordable...

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de