[En-Nut-Discussion] EIR & RAM-Test

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Oct 18 19:24:59 CEST 2012

Hi Markus,

On 18.10.2012 15:45, Markus Dost wrote:
>> To make it easier for me, can you upgrade to 4.10.3?
> Ok, I did it.

In the Configurator select at91sam7se256_rom under

 Tools/GCC Settings/Linker Script

Note, that we will run the code in Flash.

Now build Nut/OS again, this will create the related runtime initialization.

The next step is important: Select

 Create Sample Directory

in the Build menu. Don't worry, this will not only create, but also
update an existing one. It will place the right linker script name in
nutapp/NutConf.mk. You can check this.

Now get a command line shell in nutapp/events. If you are on Windows,
make sure, that you get the right path, typically

C:\ethernut-4.10\nut\tools\win32;C:\Program Files (x86)\yagarto\bin

On Linux this is not required. Next run

 make clean all

Now look to the map file. As you can see, the code is now placed in
flash starting at 0x00000000, while variables (bss and data segments)
are located in internal RAM starting at 0x00200000.

Of course, small programs may also fit completely in internal RAM. This
will speed up programming, but requires some additional effort.

I have created, but not tested the binary. If it doesn't work, let me
know. I'll try it on the EIR then.