[En-Nut-Discussion] Extra licenses again, was: Where are the devices gone...

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Oct 23 13:17:12 CEST 2012

Hi Uwe,

On 22.10.2012 22:55, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

> can you please again explain on the license issue with
> LICENSE_MCD_ST_LIBERTY = ""
> LICENSE_ST_GUIDANCE_ONLY = ""
>
> Or perhaps more concrete:
> I am going to add files and functionality to STM that only depends on the
> the basic headers like stm32f4xx.h or stm32l1xx.h.  What license requirement
> do I need to add to the configurator to enable the new functionality.

I have no idea, from where they had been taken and if an additional
terms and conditions were included or had been accepted to retrieve them.

But from the source alone, these files are LICENSE_ST_GUIDANCE_ONLY.

Btw. I'm neither your lawyer, nor an expert. I'm just trying to protect
Nut/OS users from unforeseen claims. Everybody of you should act at
least with the same caution. It was quite a surprise to find
contributions with copyright statements removed. And I'm even more
surprised, that I was the only one who noticed this.