[En-Nut-Discussion] RFA_4: Nut/OS GPIO API

Ulrich Prinz ulrich.prinz at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 23 23:53:33 CEST 2012

I just wanted to warn, not extend the discussion. Just keep the warning
in the RFA, that's all.

In you rexample,
asserts (<port is valid> && <pin_is_valid>)
highly depends if both conditions can be decoded to conditions without
variables in pass one by the compiler. So I would consider this as only
90% true.

But normally users will write their code for a certain platform an will
check that the pin is valid and the port is available.
We additionally defined, that the port and pin can be detected for
availability and support of a certain function by the appropriate setup
functions. So we are on safe ground.

There is only a slight chance that someone is going nuts while trying to
figure out why his timing is going wrong, while seconds ago it perfectly
worked...

Ulrich