[En-Nut-Discussion] AVR: SIG_ is deprecated

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Sep 7 11:52:26 CEST 2012

Hello,

trying to aff the AT90USB1297 to ethernut, I found out that only _vect and
no SIG_ are defined. Here the answer from  Joerg Wunsch about that subject:
====
From: Joerg Wunsch <j at uriah.heep.sax.de>

As Uwe Bonnes wrote:

> Is this intentional?

Yes, it is.

> Or would a patch defining all those SIG_XXXY be
> accepted?

By no means. ;-)

The old term "signal" and the respective interrupt vector naming
has been deprecated 7 years ago.  The old SIG_* vector names are
only kept for compatibility reasons in those header files where
they did already exist by that time.  All newer header files only
get *_vect style names.

Ethernut should finally catch up.
======

So if I don't hear any objections, I will replace all AVR  SIG_* vector
references with the *_vect style.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de