[En-Nut-Discussion] IP forwarding added

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Thu Sep 20 11:25:43 CEST 2012

Hi Harald!

> ...and I have added IP forwarding. I used an Ethernut 3 with GSM modem
> and an Ethernut 2 connected to this via Ethernet. I managed to dial in
> to the Ethernut 3, then requesting web content from Ethernut 2, using
> Ethernut 3 as a router. Among other things, this test proofs, that
> Nut/OS is able to handle multiple network interfaces.

Congratulations!

I think you currently have tested this with PPP / Ethernet? Do you just
have an Idea how much has to be changed to be able to register two
Ethernet interfaces?

We definitely will have adapt the PHY registration in a way that a PHY
is assigned to each Ethernet driver instance and not handled global (as
it currently is).

Great work!

Ole

PS: Do you have an idea, how much effort and resources would be needed
to implement NAT?

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

http://www.embedded-it.de

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280