[En-Nut-Discussion] DEV_XXX_NAME versus DEV_XXX.devname

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Sep 24 14:11:54 CEST 2012

Hello,

in a lot of files additional to the definition or usage of DEV_XXX, there is
also definition and usage of DEV_XXX_NAME. I think these definitions are
redundant as DEV_XXX_NAME can also be written as DEV_XXX.dev_name. These
redundants definitions clutter the code and there is a chance that they get
out of sync. Is there any reason of the usage of this redundant definition?

If I don't hear back, I am going to remove all DEV_XXX_NAME definitions and
replace all references to DEV_XXX_NAME with DEV_XXX.dev_name in the next
days.

I already did with DEV_CONSOLE_NAME in the nut/app/* directories.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de