[En-Nut-Discussion] DHCP

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Apr 29 09:42:48 CEST 2013

Hello Joerg,

On 15.04.2013 10:30, Joerg Wiegelmann wrote:

> perhaps there is a DHCP Problem? After receiving an IP address from the
> DHCP Server the DHCP Task is asking periodically if the IP Adress is
> valid. If this fails the DHCP-Task goes to the IDLE state and stucks
> there. The workaround is to restart the DHCP-Task from the application.

while checking the mailing list history, there had been a significant
change almost 3 years ago by Ulrich Prinz. This change had been
criticized by a few people (including me) and Ulrich promised to look
into this and that his colleague was already working on an update. Other
contributors provided patches, which never made it into the trunk or any
branch.

As we haven't heard anything from Ulrich for some time now, I assume
that we will never see anything and that DHCP is obviously broken. No
one else seems to feel responsible. So, as the original author of the
DHCP implementation (better call it a hack) I will take over the task
trying to fix this. I already have done some work, but I'm also quite
busy on other projects right now. Anyway, you can expect something
within a week.