[En-Nut-Discussion] Stellaris Licences, was: Re: Ethernut on TI's ...

Henrik Maier hmnews at proconx.com
Tue Feb 5 01:31:04 CET 2013

On 15/11/2012 8:51 PM, Ulrich Prinz wrote:
> Have you ever thought about contacting TI to get a written legal statement?
> I did that with ST and it worked without any problem.

Hi Ulrich,

Would this special permission apply to the whole Ethernut project? Or is
it only for your own use? If it applies to the Ethernut project, would
it make sense to add a document to the trunk (or to the file COPYING)
which documents the special permission? Something like "ST Firmware
library licensed to the Ethernut project under special permission
granted by ST Microelectronics...."

And which code of the ST libs does it cover?

The reason I am asking is to clarify somehow the license questions which
pop up every now an then for the STM32 port of Nut/OS.

Currently we have the Guidance "non-license", the "Liberty" license and
the special permission mentioned by you.

The question is which of the three should be applied to the code.

Cheers,

Henrik