[En-Nut-Discussion] NutI2cMasterTransceive() versus NutI2cMasterTransact()

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Feb 19 17:35:06 CET 2013

On 19.02.2013 17:00, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

> NutI2cMasterTransact() should return the number of full messages
> successfully transceived or return -1 in case of error. Other ideas?

One problem with this: Sometimes the master doesn't know the size. In
this case the slave will respond with NAK when the master tries to read
more.

In this case the caller needs to know how many bytes had been actually
delivered by the slave.

> So I think we should drop NutI2cMasterTransceive() or mark it deprecated
> as soon as we introduce NutI2cMasterTransact()

In the current state I do not have any objections dropping
NutI2cMasterTransceive.