[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 1.3H External RAM problem

Ayman Hendawy ayman.hendawy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 06:25:54 CET 2013

Hi,

Recently, I tested my board using the osciliscope, I tested the RD, WR, ALE
, Addresses bus, and Data bus, all pins seam to work fine except,

   - One address pin"A7", I re-solder it,
   - And the internal pull up resistance of two pins in PORTC, so I connect
   two external resistance.

So, now when I run the basemon code, I get a good reading means that every
thing is OK, and especially the SRAM, which was my main problem, I get the
following o/p of basemon,

BaseMon 4.2.0
Nut/OS 4.8.9.0
Compiled by AVRGCC for ATmega128
Baudrate select = 95
External RAM Test... 28416 bytes
Banked RAM Test...   none
Serial FLASH...      0 bytes
Detecting NIC...     RTL8019AS
Testing NIC...       OK
I/O Port Test...     OK

Also I have mentioned that the "DELAY()" function  doesn't work probably
now it's working fine, the problem was the value to be given to it,
1000,000, to make 1 sec delay.

*But *when I run the Web Server of the basemon application, it open with no
problem, but it seam to work very slow not like in the past, when I first
buy my board, opening any link on the webserver open after too much time (
like press, List threads <http://192.168.1.105/cgi-bin/threads.cgi> List
timers <http://192.168.1.105/cgi-bin/timer.cgi> List
sockets<http://192.168.1.105/cgi-bin/sockets.cgi>
 I/O ports <http://192.168.1.105/cgi-bin/ports.cgi> ).

Also when I run my main application which also use webserver (not
basemone), it configure the network, then I found the application freeze, I
don't know why, and also sure that the used code was working fine, because
it have took a backup of it when at the problem happen at the beginning.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

--
Best regards