[En-Nut-Discussion] Installing Ethernut

Robert von Knobloch bob at engelking.de
Tue Jan 15 11:50:50 CET 2013

On 15/01/13 10:53, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> Has the binary in /usr/local/bin only a sligfhtly later date than the
> binary in nut/tools/qnutconf/src? Is /usr/local/bin in your path? I
> think at least that /usr/local/bin is not in your path.
/usr/local/bin certainly is in my path and the binary there is about 2
minutes older that that in

~/ethernut/nut/nut/tools/qnutconf/src

But the Ethernut web site explicitly asks me to call ~/ethernut/qnutconf

Is the one in /usr/local/bin OK (I would expect so, just that the web site calls for another location)?

Maybe I'm being too fussy, but, having tried to compile the tools on OpenSuse and hitting 'dependency hell', I decided to get Debian and follow the web instructions precisely. These seem to not be quite up-to-date :-)

Cheers,

Bob