[En-Nut-Discussion] Sourceforge has "upgraded" our project to the new SourceForge developer platform

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Sun Jun 2 19:47:59 CEST 2013

Hi all,

finally sourceforge has "upgraded" our project the the new SourceForge
developer platform, which means that the sourceforge frontend looks a
little bit different, but also means that the SVN repo path has changed.
The old path now is read only.

Please find the original sourceforge comments below. I just have changed
to the new repo without problems. If anybody encounters any problems
with migration, please let us know, so we can try to help you.

Below is the mail from sourceforge, for all of you who did not yet get
this mail or do not have write access.

Please also read:

http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/community-docs/Repository%20Upgrade%20FAQ/

Your code repository in upgraded project ethernut is now ready for use.

Old repository url: http://ethernut.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ethernut

New repository checkout command: svn checkout --username=yourusername
svn+ssh://yourusername@svn.code.sf.net/p/ethernut/code/ ethernut-code

You should do a checkout using the new repository location.  The old
repository is read-only now.

For more detailed instructions on migrating to your new repo, please see
https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/community-docs/Repository%20Upgrade%20FAQ/

Dear SourceForge Project Developer,

As you probably know, we've been talking for several months about the
imminent upgrade of the SourceForge developer platform. A few weeks ago
we announced (http://sourceforge.net/blog/upgrades-april22/) that
starting April 22, we would be upgrading all projects that had not yet
done so on their own. That time has arrived.

We wanted to let you know that we've upgraded your project, Ethernut
Embedded Ethernet, to the new SourceForge developer platform. The next
time you log in, things will look a little different.

The new platform, codenamed "Allura", is a rewrite and redesign of the
Open Source development tool set. It provides tighter integration
between the various tools to give you a better developer experience.
Allura is a project in incubation at the Apache Software Foundation,
where people from many different companies are collaborating to make it
even better. (http://incubator.apache.org/allura/)

Your source code repositories are currently being migrated to the new
setup. You will receive another email when that import is complete. That
means that you and any other developers should do a fresh checkout using
the new repository location when it is ready (see the "code" tab).
Please be aware that large repositories may take a long time.

Have a look around your project, at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ethernut/, and tell us what you think.
Let us know if there's anything we can do to make your SourceForge
experience better. There's lots of ways to get in touch. You can email
us at communityteam at sourceforge.net, on IRC at #sourceforge on Freenode,
on our Facebook page at http://facebook.com/SourceForgeNet, on our
Google Plus community at
https://plus.google.com/communities/108980648585760076156, or via
Twitter at @sourceforge.

Bye,

Ole

--
kernel concepts GmbH            Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48         Mob: +49-177-7420433