[En-Nut-Discussion] FW: Ethernut 1.3 Rev-H dead?

DreamCat huayuliang at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 09:16:21 CET 2013

Hi Nedim,

how did you power supply connect to your board? POE?
check the voltage of MEGA128 first plz...
if any chip is destroied by overvoltage, it will be very
apparenttemperature rise, but not all.

the shared reset pin of mega128 maybe fixed level. if your JTAG device is
bad or not in proper operating condition. you may should unplug your
JTAGICE from your 1.3H board.

2013/3/14 JP Merle <jpmerle2010 at gmail.com>

> Before you replace the 1A fuse, I suggest you check it with a multimeter
> (ohm-meter) (no need to take it out from the Ethernut card).
>
> Best regards
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 13, 2013, at 4:38 PM, Harald Kipp <harald.kipp at egnite.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi Nedim,
> >
> > On 13.03.2013 16:19, Nedim Z wrote:
> >
> >> After pressing the reset button on my Ethernut 1.3 (Rev-H) while having
> a a crossover ethernet cable, a JTAGICE MKII (turned on) and a serial cable
> to the RS232 connected, the device seemed to stop working. Now, it does not
> power on. I was in Tera Term, trying to get BaseMon running. I had not
> flashed or programmed anything on the ATMEGA 128 yet, meaning that the
> setup was factory settings.
> >
> > May be a short cut somewhere? For protection, Ethernuts are equipped
> > with a very sensitive fuse.
> >
> > Remove all external hardware and replace the fuse. egnite ships all
> > boards with a spare one. If no longer available, here's the part#
> >
> > Littelfuse 0453 001, 1A fast
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Harald

Best Regards