[En-Nut-Discussion] Selective Optimization Possible?

Bob Wirka bobwirka at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 07:20:58 CET 2013

Henrik,

Thank you for your reply.

Will try this.

Have also created an Eclipse project to generate libnutarch.a. Including the same sources as in the Nut Makefile. It compiles; will test that also.

Best regards,

Bob Wirka
Realtime Control Works

On Tuesday, November 5, 2013 5:15 PM, Henrik Maier <hmnews at proconx.com> wrote:

On 6/11/2013 9:02 AM, Bob Wirka wrote:
> Any way I could selectively change the optimization level for a particular file? Make one -O0 and the rest -Os?

Yes you can add selective macros definitions to a GNU makefile by
prefixing the definition with the target name. For example:

avr/dev/ostimer.o: CPFLAGS = $(MCFLAGS) -O0 $(DEFS)

would apply different CPFLAGS settings only when compiling ostimer.o.

Regards,

Henrik