[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut with SPI Ethernet Chip

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Tue Oct 1 11:20:30 CEST 2013

Hi!

> Can you help me where can is start? Is it possible to make a driver for the
> chip insert it to the dev_spi structure and insert the dev_spi to the
> dev_eth? Or what is the good way?

As mentioned in one of my last mails, I just found a board with EN28J60
in my cupboard (http://www.lochraster.org/etherrape/  only german so far...)

Unfortunately the original software is GPL based, and therefor not
compatible with Nut/OS BSD license model. But however I have some
different sources, which I will try to use as a starting base for a driver.

The way to go would be:

Create a new spi-bus client driver and add the SPI node struct as ICB to
the ETH device struct.

The SPI MMC driver is a good example how to integrate the SPI node with
a "normal" device.

The device can the be registered with NutRegisterSpiDevice() instead of
NutRegisterDevice().

Best regards,

Ole

--
kernel concepts GmbH            Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48         Mob: +49-177-7420433