[En-Nut-Discussion] Driver configuration at runtime

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Thu Oct 10 18:40:47 CEST 2013

Hi Harald,

Am 10.10.2013 17:30, schrieb Harald Kipp:

> Writing my name wrong is my grandma's fault, who selected this
> complicated one, but forgetting the "Harald wrote:" tag is inexcusable.
> Netiquette looks different.

;-) I'll do my best in the future...

>> Yes. I agree, that working on the configurator could also be of much
>> benefit for the users.
>>
>> Just a few ideas to mention:
>
> ... a list follows to enhance the Configurator.
>
> Thanks for providing this nice point of attack. Remember, that you were
> among those who demanded to switch from wxWidgets to Qt, so that more
> people can take part in its development? So far you removed trailing
> spaces, which you could have done on the wxWidget source too.

Sorry, I did not want to do any criticism, but collect just a few ideas.

And yes, I hoped. But personally I have never been a deep Qt developer ;-)

>> I think I did not get your point, sorry :-)
>
> What I meant was, you don't need to redefine NutRegisterDevice()
> parameters. You could define a new function like NutConfigureDevice() or
> similar.

Ok. No that was'nt my intention. I did not plan to replace
NutRegisterDevice but provide NutRegisterPlatformDevice() which finally
will do the same with a slightly different API and will only add the
configuration struct to the device struct.

> I'm ready to follow this new track.

Fine... I'll create a new branch for it...

Bye,

Ole

--
kernel concepts GmbH            Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48         Mob: +49-177-7420433