[En-Nut-Discussion] select() implementation / Re-Integration of the "devnut_select" branch

Nathan Moore nategoose at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 20:59:16 CEST 2013

I mainly just thought that a nice way to implement it would be to have an
implementation of the select function which uses the same time units that
NutOS
thinks in and layer other implementations on top of it, which would allow
for the
use of macros to do the time conversion when constant values were used.  I
used
to do this will the sleep and wait functions back when I programmed under
NutOS
a lot.  It allowed me to avoid expensive code on AVR.

I'm excited about the select function being added to NutOS.  I couldn't
figure out
an easy way to implement that functionality, but it would have helped me
out a lot
in the past.

Nathan