[En-Nut-Discussion] NutOs5.1 on STM32 controllers

Holger Mai, GEMAC hmai at gemac-chemnitz.de
Tue Sep 17 08:58:26 CEST 2013

Hello ole

> i want to run NutOS on an Olimex STM32-E407 with a ST32F407 controller. Thera are some
> configurations near this for STM32 controllers, but with all of them it is impossible to compile
> the NutOS with Arm GCC. Looks like an error in basic configuration for gcc.

Could you please check if you selected "cm3-gcc" as toolchain the in the
configurator? (Menu Edit -> Settings -> Tab Build -> Dropdown "Plattform"

That was it. Thank you.

P.S. read some discussion about STM32F4 and floating point operations. I Think, that this
caused by usage of the cm3 librarys, because the STM32F4 familiy is not Cortex M3, they
are Cortex M4, and the ARM family Cortex M3 does not have any floating point commands
(see the command table for the different Cortex familys on the ARM website). But it should
be possible to precompile the OS as M3, and then to compile the Application for M4 with FP
Operations.

Best Regards
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Holger Mai

GEMAC - Gesellschaft für Mikroelektronik-
anwendung Chemnitz mbH

Zwickauer Straße 227
D-09116 Chemnitz
Tel. +49 371 3377 0
Fax  +49 371 3377 272

UST-ID: DE140851265
HRB 6443 Chemnitz/Stadt
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Claus Dittrich, Dirk Hübner
http://www.gemac-chemnitz.de