[En-Nut-Discussion] Include files for contrib directory

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Sep 18 19:32:13 CEST 2013

Hi Uwe,

On 18.09.2013 16:52, bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de wrote:

> So probably
>
> #include "aes_dec.h"
>
> should be changed to
>
> #include <crypto/aes.h>

It had been taken this way from

http://armcryptolib.das-labor.org/trac

and should work. If you change this, your work may get lost when getting
a new upstream version. Fortunately the Nut/OS configuration is quite
flexible to handle this.

> and the include path should be extended for ../include/contrib.
>
> However I didn't find a way to do so. Any hints?

You can set this in the Configurator

Edit->Settings->Build->Include Directories

In this special case I'd prefer 'Last'. This makes sure that no header
files in the crypto-lib would overwrite Nut/OS headers.

'First' is typically used to replace Nut/OS header files, which I do
quite often to apply version/target specific headers.

Not sure about relative paths. Typically I enter full paths.

Just in case: Currently I'm using the wxWidget version of the
Configurator, but I'm almost sure that the Qt version supports this as well.

As an alternative I often add something like

INCFIRST = -I$(top_srcdir)/include/contrib/crypto

to nutbld/UserConf.mk. This makes you specific build project less
dependent on Configurator settings.