[En-Nut-Discussion] Switching to GIT

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Sep 25 15:31:02 CEST 2013

Hi Marcin,

On 25.09.2013 13:38, Marcin Trendota wrote:

> Quitting on VCS because of web interface seems a little odd to me -
> maybe you could use some native client (as TortoiseSVN for Windows or,
> say, kdesvn for Linux)?

Indeed, that would be a funny decision. :-)

In fact SVN can be slow when dealing with history records. Specifically
when the repository is not in a local network but on another continent.
Therefore I regularly used the SourceForge web interface, which had been
much faster. But those days were gone. No everything is slow.