[En-Nut-Discussion] Possible brackage, More progmem use for AVR

bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Sep 27 12:27:38 CEST 2013

Hello,

to move constants to flash for AVR8 in putf by using PROGMEM, PSTR and
friends, I had to add some PROGMEM related definitions to arm.h and cm3.h
to compile for STM32. Please have a look at r5353. Some other archs seem to
have a complete set of PROGMEM related definitions, some others may not. As
I don't have a toolchain beside x86. avr8 and arm, I didn't test and
possible breakage may occur.

People mantaining or compiling for these archs are requested to add the
needed definitions.

B.t.w.: nut/dev has about 70 printf("BLA",...) invocations. Aren't these
good canditates for usage of printf_P?

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de