[En-Nut-Discussion] SPIBUS and PullUp and testing Miso line.

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Thu Aug 28 11:05:32 CEST 2014

Hi Uwe,

Am 26.08.2014 16:55, schrieb Uwe Bonnes:
> to see if the ADC is ready, for SPI Sigma Delta ADC from Linear Technology
> like the LTC2484, one has to select the device, apply a pullup to SDI and
> query the SDI pin without toggling SCK. Only if SDI is low, data is
> available.
> - Is it OK to add SPI_MODE_PULLUP properity in include/dev/spibus.h?
> - Is it worth to add a method to query the Miso pin?
> I would  implement handling of those mode bits and function in STM32 and
> GPIO. However I can also circumvent the driver and use GPIO Functions
> directly...

I never heard of such a requirement, but do you have a clue, if this is
a standard?

In this case we should add it to the driver, but I assume it is a very
special case for these ADCs, so a solution implemented with the GPIO
functions would be better in my eyes.

Bye,

Ole

--
kernel concepts GmbH            Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48         Mob: +49-177-7420433