[En-Nut-Discussion] STM32L1xx series status

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Dec 17 00:54:15 CET 2014

    Ulrich> After long time no see, a big hello to you all... Nice to see,
    Ulrich> that there are still some old friends active in here.

    Ulrich> I checked out some pretts fresh master from sourceforge and I am
    Ulrich> now at trying to get things back working on some STM32F4 and
    Ulrich> STM32L0 and L1 devices.

    Ulrich> Unfortunately there is a lot of incomplete code, missing .nut
    Ulrich> file content and bugs in finding the right linker script for any
    Ulrich> STM32L1 device.

Well, at least the standard configurations in nut/conf concerning L1 _should_
compile. If not, please tell me.
But bear with me, there are a _lot_ of STM32 devices with a _lot_ of subtile
and not so subtile differences. I have put a lot of effort to catch most
difference, at least those I am aware of. Some code pathes may be missing,
hopefully tagged with a FIXME or a compile time warning. External feedback
has been low however and non existant on the L1.

    Ulrich> Before I start over and repair all these things, does anyone
    Ulrich> have already some fixes not merged?

Otherwise, there are not many patches concering especially L1 hanging in my
git tree. I will try to cherry-pick the sensible ones  the next days.
But DMA and RTC have some rework pending in my tree.

Pin Setting and configuration needs a major haul-up. I would be glad to
discuss my ideas with you.

    Ulrich> Is anyone using nutO/S with STM32L devices?

I had some project with an L152VC for a battery powered device running some
fast ADC and transfering data via an optical fiber. The device worked on the
high side of a 100 kV supply. However I didn't work on that project for some
time. Most of my other projects now are F3.

Beside for another battery powered project I now target at the F411. Data should be
looged to flash and read out via Nucleo ACM USB. If you look at F411 run and
sleep currents, it is at least as attractive as L1. Flash and Ram size and
FPU are a plus with regard to the L1. Standby and Stop current may be a
little worse, as is availability and small size/price devices. But Nucleo-F411 is
available and cheap.Small size/price devices are not so important for
our use cases.

    Ulrich> Would be nice to hear from you.

Vice versa :-)

Bye