[En-Nut-Discussion] STM32L1xx series status

Ulrich Prinz ulrich.prinz at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 17 14:02:50 CET 2014

I just checked out the recent sourceforge head revision. In that I used the
standard l1_discover.conf without modification. That one works for building
a library and sample apps. But if you change one thing, it still builds the
library, but doesn't build any applications anymore.
The reason is, that the path to the ld cannot be found as the name is just
.ld (with missing filename in front of the ending.)

I tried to write a simple conf by hand too, but that failed. But the
hardware failed too. I am currently doing a restard and try again after the
hardware was fixed. So I come back here, reporting

2014-12-17 13:01 GMT+01:00 Uwe Bonnes <
bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de>:
> >>>>> "Ulrich" == Ulrich Prinz <ulrich.prinz at googlemail.com> writes:
>     Ulrich> Hi Uwe!  Nice to hear that there is work in progress. I would
>     Ulrich> love to share some ideas, we should probably do some hangout
>     Ulrich> session or voicecall an then put the results in here.
> You know my number. Phone is good, but mailing list exchange is
> retrievable.
>     Ulrich> I design a new generation of home automation modules and
> current
>     Ulrich> drawn is what counts. So I will start designing on L1 but
>     Ulrich> probably move to L0 as soon as they are available in a case
> that
>     Ulrich> matches our needs. 800uA compared to 400uA is a matter for us.
> If you go to the extreme, things may look different.
> L0 has more combined interrupts, escpecially for DMA, so DMA needs some
> intermediate signal rerouting like done for the combined GPIO interrupts
> (e.g. 9..15)
>     Ulrich> I am trying to get the STM32L151UCY going and that fails for
>     Ulrich> selection of the right linker script. If you load the
>     Ulrich> l1_discovery configuration there is a script set and you can
>     Ulrich> compile some of the demo apps. But I need to change the chip
> and
>     Ulrich> the clocks as the chip isn't 32k but 256k Flash and the clock
> on
>     Ulrich> our board and the new revisions of NUCLEOs is not 8MHz Xtal at
>     Ulrich> HSE but soemthing from internal MSI or HSI... Need to check
>     Ulrich> that.
> Could you first start with a bare .conf file.
> CM3_GCC = "1"
> MCU_STM32L151UC = ""
> LDSCRIPT = "stm32l15XxC_flash"
> Despite showing an ommision in my code just checked in, the libary compile
> step succeeds.
>     Ulrich> If you then click the linker script, the preset script
>     Ulrich> disappeares and you cannot select anything else. I am working
>     Ulrich> with qnutconf under Ubuntu 14.04.X LTS.
> GUI selection needs work and probably some ground up redesign.
>     Ulrich> I had the same problems with L152 and other boards. But I gave
>     Ulrich> up testing all of them. I'd focus a bit on the project and if
>     Ulrich> everything runs fine, I'll share the benefits with the other
>     Ulrich> devices. I do have a lot of different kits from ST so I can
> test
>     Ulrich> a wide range of chips.
> Please send the .conf files showing th problem...
> Bye
> --
> Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
> Institut fuer Kernphysik  Schlossgartenstrasse 9  64289 Darmstadt
> --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------
> _______________________________________________
> http://lists.egnite.de/mailman/listinfo/en-nut-discussion

More information about the En-Nut-Discussion mailing list