[En-Nut-Discussion] (Q)nutconfig picks up random repository path

bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat Jan 4 16:36:31 CET 2014

Hello,

in the course of times I created several ethernut directory trees on my
PC. Now I changes some OWI related item in the .nut file in my current
working tree and called ../../ethernut_sf/nut/tools/qnutconf/src/qnutconf in
the current working tree from my build tree. To my astonishment the item
didn't change. After some head scratching, I saw that in the setting dialog
the repository was picked from an old working tree. I changed the path,
saved everything and closed qnutconf. Restarting, still the old repository
was picked up. After more scratching and and strace run, I detected
~/.config/egnite/QNutConf.nut. Changing the path of the repository there
didn't help neither.
So I moved the old working tree away. Now qnutconf took a long time to start
and picked up some ethernut repo at some other strange place ( ~/.wine
). Obviously is searched the disk until the first repository was found..

It seems neither nutconf nor qnutconf store and read the repository path in
QNutConf.nut and give the user a chance to change the path for his settings.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de