[En-Nut-Discussion] List of external MAC/PHYs?

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Wed Jan 29 17:32:16 CET 2014

Hi Bob,

Am 29.01.2014 17:02, schrieb Bob Wirka:

> We're looking at porting a AT91SAM7X product to the AT91SAM7SE.
>
> How can I find out which MAC/PHY chips are already working with 7SE? Is there a list somewhere?

Have a look to nut/dev/phy.c and search for "phy_status_descr"

There is a list of yet supported PHYs.

In general most (all?) PHYs are supported, but you probably may have to
make small enhancements to the decoding of the manufacturere specific
registers (mostly for link / status query).

The "phy_status_descr" table tries to implement such a universal
register format conversion.

Best regards,

Ole

--
kernel concepts GmbH            Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48         Mob: +49-177-7420433