[En-Nut-Discussion] R5752/3: Out of tree builds

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jul 21 11:47:18 CEST 2014

Hallo,

with SVN  R5752/3 I can now have an easy out of tree build environment. The
directory needs to contain the users code, a user Makefile derived from some
app/*/Makefile and the *.conf file for the custom board. These files can
be kept easily in a seperate revision control. To bootstrap, nutconfigure
needs to be called first with the "create-buildtree" and than with the
"create-usertree". I have appended helper script in my ~/bin file and call the
script like
nut_bootstrap xxx.conf cm3-gcc

In the hope this is usefull.
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

#!/bin/bash

NUTSOURCE=/home/bon/devel/ethernut_sf/nut

NUTCONFIGURE=$NUTSOURCE/tools/nutconf/src/nutconfigure
NUTREPO=$NUTSOURCE/conf/repository.nut

$NUTCONFIGURE -b lib_$1 -c $1.conf -l lib_$1/lib -r $NUTREPO -s $NUTSOURCE -m$2 create-buildtree
$NUTCONFIGURE -b lib_$1 -c $1.conf -l lib_$1/lib -r $NUTREPO -s $NUTSOURCE -m$2 create-usertree