[En-Nut-Discussion] [Nitpicking] Merge r5894-r5896 from devnut_tiva

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Nov 20 10:10:33 CET 2014

Hi Uwe,

On 19.11.2014 19:15, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> merging several patches in one is suboptimal, as this contradict the concept
> of small changes on a single subject. Or was the multiple merge intentional?

Mmh, not really intentional. It's the way I'm used to do it. To me, this
was a partly re-integration of a branch into the trunk

 svn merge -r 5894:5896

where the single

 svn commit

just commits the updated mergeinfo, not the underlying patches. In a
similar way like

 svn --reintegrate

is committed in a single step.

Is there any other way than the following to do that?

 svn merge -r 5894
 svn commit
 svn merge -r 5895
 svn commit
 svn merge -r 5896
 svn commit

For just 3 merges this might be acceptable, but how to do it, if I want
to merge several hundred revisions?