[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS under Ubuntu 14.04

Michael H. farwest at gmx.de
Fri Nov 21 22:17:47 CET 2014

Hello all,

has anyone successfully set up Nut/OS (ethernut-5.1.0 AVR/ETHERNUT1) on
ubuntu 14.04? I tried on 2 different systems, but it won't build. I
followed the instructions for debian on ethernet.de. Everything is in
place and ./configure runs fine, but wheter I do the config with
nutconfig or qnutconfig or nutsetup, I end up with errors:

mh at mh-desktop:~/ethernut/ethernut-5.1.0/nut/lib$ make clean
Makefile:36: ../NutConf.mk: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
make: *** Keine Regel, um »../NutConf.mk« zu erstellen.  Schluss.

lua nutsetup.lua creates the conf-files, I "make" and get this:
avr/dev/ih_spi_stc.c: In function ‘AvrSpiIrqCtl’:
avr/dev/ih_spi_stc.c:81:13: error: variable ‘bval’ set but not used
[-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
     uint8_t bval;
I removed the -Werror from Makevars.gcc and next stop says:
avr/dev/ahdlcavr.c:201:1: error: unknown type name ‘prog_char’
 static prog_char fcstab[512] = {
 ^
Compiler is avr-gcc (GCC) 4.8.2

Another try on a headless debian wheezy machine fails because wxWidgets
insists to be configured, no matter which disable-options I supply.
Had the same prob. before on ubuntu, but installed wxWidgets to silence
the configure script.

At the moment I'm lost.

At least I have a working Nut/OS 4.8.9 in an Ubuntu 10.04 VM, but I
really would like to upgrade to 5.1.

Help very much appreciated and badly needed
Michael