[En-Nut-Discussion] FTP server support

Philipp Burch phip at hb9etc.ch
Tue Nov 25 11:37:44 CET 2014

Hello everyone,

most of my sporadic and inexplicable system crashes should now be fixed,
so I'm now testing and debugging some higher-level features. One is the
FTP server on the board. It basically works, I can use a command-line
FTP client (at least from Linux) and connect to the board. Data
transfers also work, as long as I'm in active mode. If I want to switch
to passive mode, the connection is reset by the board. When using
FireFTP (an FTP plugin for Firefox), the connection is extremely
unstable, directory listings may or may not work. File transmission can
be started if in passive mode (?!), but stall after 21'440 bytes during
upload. Downloads seem to work.

I'm a bit lost now, as this behaviour is really strange and even seems
to depend on how the board is connected to the computer (direct cable or
switch and WLAN inbetween). Are there known issues with the FTP server,
or could it be related to the architecture, or something else?

Thanks and best regards,
Philipp